UFC 266 packs tons of star power heading into Saturday’s main card at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.
Alexander Volkanovsk puts his UFC Featherweight championship on the line against Brian Ortega. There’s no love lost between the two who coached opposite of each other on The Ultimate Fighter and were supposed to clash in the octagon at UFC 260 back in March until Volkanovski tested positive for COVID-19.
Volkanovski hasn’t fought since defending his title against Max Holloway in July 2020, winning in a controversial split decision. Volkanovski brings a perfect 9-0 record in the UFC into Saturday’s fight with Ortega.
Ortega made a successful return to the Octagon last October with a dominant victory over Chan Sung Jung after taking nearly two years off following his loss to Holloway.
Saturday’s main card also features the return of Nick Diaz. The 38-year-old hasn’t stepped inside the octagon in over six years when he lost to Anderson Silva in the main event of UFC 183. Even though he’s only fought three times in the past decade and hasn’t won any of those fights, Diaz’s return to the UFC at the age of 38 has got plenty of fans excited due to his cult hero-like status.
UFC 266 live updates, highlights from Volkanovski vs. Ortega
Live updates will begin at 6 p.m. ET.
Volkanovski vs. Ortega start time
- Date: Saturday, Sept. 25
- Start time: 6 p.m. ET | 3 p.m. PT
- Main card (PPV): 10 p.m. ET | 7 p.m. PT
- Main event: 12:15 a.m. ET | 9:15 p.m. PT (approximate)
UFC 266: Alexander Volkanovski vs. Brian Ortega takes place on September 25 with the early prelims kicking the event off at 6 p.m. ET, before the pay-per-view main card begins at 10 p.m. ET. Volkanovski and Ortega should enter the Octagon around 12:15 a.m. ET, depending on the length of the undercard bouts.
How to watch UFC 266: Volkanovski vs. Ortega
- TV channels/live stream: ESPN, ESPN Deportes and ESPN+
The main card for UFC 266 is available in the U.S. on the ESPN+ subscription streaming service for a pay-per-view cost. That portion of the event begins at 10 p.m. ET.
Earlier fights are viewable live on ESPN, the WatchESPN app and, for the early prelims, UFC Fight Pass.
In Canada, the main-card pay-per-view is available on Bell, Rogers, Shaw, SaskTel, Videotron, Telus, Eastlink and UFC PPV on UFC Fight Pass.
UFC 266 fight card
- Alexander Volkanovski vs. Brian Ortega for Volkanovski’s UFC Featherweight championship
- Valentina Shevchenko vs. Lauren Murphy for Shevchenko’s UFC Women’s Flyweight championship
- Nick Diaz vs. Robbie Lawler; Middleweights
- Curtis Blaydes vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik; Heavyweights
- Jéssica Andrade vs. Cynthia Calvillo; Women’s Flyweights
- Marlon Moraes vs. Merab Dvalishvili; Bantamweights
- Dan Hooker vs. Nasrat Haqparast; Lightweights
- Shamil Abdurakhimov vs. Chris Daukaus; Heavyweights
- Roxanne Modafferi vs. Taila Santos; Women’s Flyweights
Fight Pass Prelims
- Uros Medić vs. Jalin Turner; Lightweights
- Cody Brundage vs. Nick Maximov; Middleweights
- Matthew Semelsberger vs. Martin Sano Jr.; Welterweights
- Jonathan Pearce vs. Omar Morales; Featherweights