June 3, 2023

Liverpool will be looking to complete a Premier League double over Manchester City for the first time since 2015-16 when they face off at the Etihad Stadium on Saturday.

The Reds defeated Pep Guardiola’s side back in October at Anfield, but they have won just one of their last 13 Premier League trips to City’s home ground. However, Liverpool have won on 23 occasions against a reigning Premier League champion, and they will be buoyed by this stat as they take on City, the current title holders.

This match will mark the 28th meeting between Guardiola and Liverpool’s Jurgen Klopp, with Guardiola facing Klopp more times than any other manager in his top-flight career.

Klopp has also faced Guardiola more times in his managerial career than any other manager, and Guardiola has lost more often against Klopp than any other manager during his career.


The last time these two sides met in the Premier League was at Anfield in October, with Liverpool winning 1-0 thanks to a goal from Mohamed Salah.

This victory ended City’s longest-ever unbeaten away run in their league history (22 games), and it will be interesting to see how the two teams fare against each other in their upcoming clash.

ALSO READ: See why Gavi has lost his No 6 jersey at Barcelona


Manchester City have won their last three Premier League games, and they have lost only one of their last 19 home games in the competition.

However, they are yet to win four in a row across the 2022-23 season. On the other hand, Liverpool have taken just 12 points from their 13 Premier League away games this season, compared to 30 at home.

ALSO READ: See why Haaland is being investigated by Manchester Police

They have also won fewer points away from home than 12 other teams in the Premier League this season, including relegation-threatened Southampton and Leicester City.


The key players to watch in this game are Manchester City’s Erling Haaland and Liverpool’s Mohamed Salah. Haaland has 28 Premier League goals, which contributes 42% of City’s entire Premier League goal haul.

His goals have also been worth 20 points for the club, and all three totals are the highest ever by a Manchester City player in a single Premier League season.

Salah, on the other hand, may see his record tally of goals for a Premier League club in a single season be overtaken by Haaland, but he has scored in all three of Liverpool’s games against Man City this season.


MAN CITY: Phil Foden, Erling Haaland (doubtful)

LIVERPOOL: Thiago Alcantara, Stefan Bajcetic,


According to the Opta supercomputer projections, Manchester City has a 50.9% chance of winning the match, while Liverpool has a 49.1% chance of getting anything from the game.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *