December 10, 2023

There was a fire incident at a Chinese company located within the ASCON area of Obafemi-Owode Local Government Area in Ogun State on Monday.

PUNCH Metro gathered that the inferno which occurred in the early hours of Monday caused worries and crippled commercial activities around the area.

It was learnt that the Chinese company produced bags, slippers and nylon.

When our correspondent visited the scene of the incident, it was observed that the road linking the community to the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway was blocked.

It was also observed that the company was still on fire despite the presence of the state fire service.

The residents, however expressed concern over the massive fire, noting that it may begin to spread if efforts were not made to quench it.

A resident simply identified as Lawrence said, “The fire has been like this for over three hours; it will only take some times before it spread to houses around the factory.”

The Director of the Ogun State Fire Service, Fatai Adefala, however said his men were making efforts to quench the fire.

He said, “We are aware of the situation and we are doing everything possible to quench the fire.”

All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from PUNCH.

Contact: [email protected]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *