The Nigerian Army has opened door to applications from eligible citizens, seeking to join the Army as Direct Short Service Commission officers.
According to the announcement on its website, the service commission is open to both civilians and serving military personnel, however, only serving military personnel sponsored to civil institutions by any of the services of the Nigerian Armed Forces shall be considered.
The PUNCH highlights 10 things to know for Nigerians seeking to apply for the position.
1. All applicants must be Nigerians as defined in the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria
2. Applicants can either be male or female between 20 and 30 years old, however, medical consultants could be between 25 -40 years of age
3. Registration is free at the Army portal and applicants can choose the DSSC option from the page from now till March 14, 2023.
4. The requirements include a passport photograph, educational certificates, evidence of membership in professional bodies, a certificate of state of origin, a birth certificate or age declaration, NIN and BVN.
5. Interested persons must be recommended by at least two referees who are either a local government chairman/secretary, a senior military officer or a police officer.
6. Applicants must have not been convicted by any court of law and must possess at least a first degree with not less than Second Class Lower Division or HND.
7. Applicants must provide birth certificate endorsed by the National Population Commission, Hospital or Local Government Council or age declaration, and a certificate of state of origin.
8. Applicants must possess an NYSC discharge certificate or valid exemption certificate. Only post-secondary academic credentials obtained from 2013 to date will be considered.
9. Candidates must not have any bodily inscriptions or tattoos.
10. Candidates height must not be less than 1.68m (for males) and 1.65m (for females) and they must submit a letter of attestation from their former institutions.
For more information click here